the arbor. story.
Arbor Hair Studio is a salon that was created by Michelle Meier when she started to develop major health issues. Michelle has worked in the salon industry since 2003. It was recognized that the majority of her health problems were coming from the industry that she was working in. Hair stylists handle harsh chemicals every day. Michelle started doing her research and discovered that there are much safer ways to operate in this industry and still get great or better results. Michelle also discovered that the waste that leaves the salon is creating a very negative impact to the environment. Michelle realized that the only way to work in a safe environment was to create her own salon.
Michelle opened Arbor Hair Studio in July of 2017 in a small space in Waite Park, MN. She opened a salon that would use safe, natural, holistic, and organic products. She was also the first Green Circle Salon in Central Minnesota. Which meant that she would recycle hair, foils, and everything else that she could. Michelle wanted to create a salon that put the focus on determining the root cause. Through consultation, each client is individually given a tailored plan to their hair care.
Soon after opening her new salon, Arbor Hair Studio, she found that she wasn’t the only person that was having health issues due to the harsh chemicals in the salon industry. Her clientele grew and she found many other clients that wanted to get high end salon quality hair, but achieve it in a much safer and healthier way. Arbor is also a home for Independent Stylists that want to run their business in a safe environment.
After growth from the community, Arbor expanded to their new site in Waite Park. The new location allowed Arbor to offer more natural, holistic, and organic alternatives. It also allowed more space to add additional services. Today, Arbor is a 6,500 square foot salon that not only provides the best in the industry but does it in the safest and healthiest way possible.
vision and mission
Arbor will always continue to make people feel beautiful in a healthy way. The vision of Arbor is to touch as many people as possible with our holistic approach to hair care and to have the space and capacity to do so.
- It is our vision to be a salon where everyone feels comfortable and welcome.
- Our goal is that every client receives an outstanding service from the time they walk in, to the time they walk out. We want our clients to love us so much that they would refer us their friends, their family, and even complete strangers who approach them at the grocery store.
- We are a teaching salon that fosters and trains the next generation of excellent hairstylists.
- We wish to perpetuate happiness among our clients and staff.
- We want to inspire through giving back and serving our community.
- Honesty is our ethos, and we promise to put our clients first. We will never recommend a service or sell you a product you do not need. We are committed to high standards — not just in the services we provide to you, but in the products we carry, and how we conduct ourselves as a business.
- We promise to promote personal and professional growth of our team.
Our mission is to keep providing the people of Central Minnesota with healthy alternatives to what they use every day. Arbor will serve customers with integrity by being loyal to them, the company and ourselves. Arbor strives to give superior customer service consistently with happy relentless attitude while standing within an affordable budget for all clients.
Our salon prioritizes the customer experience. We want our clients to experience the most comfortable and friendly atmosphere out there. We want to be known for our exceptional dedication to our guests’ well being. Customers’ satisfaction is our ultimate goal.
Our salon values individual approaches and personalized experiences. Our main goal is to give every client the exact treatment they want to have. We favor originality and individuality and therefore, we will go above and beyond the call of duty to deliver the most accurate effect possible. We want our customers to be able to fully express themselves with their new look